Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lost and FOUND...

I'd recently misplaced something. It was a rather trivial item. So minor, that I won't even tell you what it was because it is embarrassing to think how much time I spent searching for it.

But, while I looked high and low, under, over, inside and behind...I managed to clean up a few often forgotten areas of the house. So, not only was this a valuable lesson for me to slow down, be more careful of where I leave my stuff, it was also a productive time spent trying to track this silly item down.

Imagine my surprise and joy when I found this silly little item in the lost and found section of our local library! I'm thinking that in my pre-vacation hurry, it got mixed in with my stack of returned library books. And some kind soul was nice enough to put it in the lost and found bin.

And the biggest surprise was that all the contents inside were still there!

Ok, I"ll fess up...it was my coupon organizer. Before you go and do the "she lost her WHAT and spent how much time looking for it?". I should admit to my other blunder associated with this lost item. I'd stuck several gift cards (brand new, full value) inside of it so that the next time I went to the store, I'd have them handy and with me. So, it wasn't just a binder I was looking for...but something with a significant amount of "same as cash" stuff. So, now I have a clean house and a greatful heart. Life is good indeed...

1 comment:

Diana Sioux said...

Wow! So glad you found that. It's great that someone was honest and turned it in.

I spent a fair amount of time hunting for my lost checkbook ledger yesterday. Not the current one. The one that I had filled up so put a new on in my checkbook. But all of the checks in this one hadn't cleared yet so I needed it to balance to my statement. Ugh. I hate hunting for things.

Ahem. It was in my "to-do" pile. Gee whiz, what a place for it!