Wednesday, August 30, 2006

All about Girls...

Overheard this afternoon, as Thing One was watching YuGiOh "I've got dibs on HER. I"m going to marry her!" While I"m relieved that he's finally moved on from insisting that he's going to marry me, and his dad is relieved to know it was a female character on TV that caught his fancy, we realize we still have our work cut out for us in terms of educating him on better dating strategies. Doubtful any girl would be thrilled to hear her man say "hey, I've got dibs on you" as he proposed. And well, yes, there is that little detail about it being a cartoon character and not a real gal.

And shortly after this conversation, Thing Two was explaining to us how a doctor can tell if a woman is going to have a baby boy or a baby girl. Yup, he points to his head and says "if the baby's hair grows long, the doctor knows it is going to be a girl". Ok, I'll take that from my newly minted 7 year old! And, yes, I too am still wondering what in the world prompted him to make this comment and conclusion in the first place.

Ah...The joys of raising boys into men. I'll have my work cut out for me on many levels, eh?

1 comment:

tz said...

I wanted to marry Spider Man for awhile. I too am curious about what goes on in the minds of our young'uns when they make comments like that.