Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Treasures

This week's blog challenge:
  • We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder
  • This week, think in terms of Thanksgiving. Even if you aren't in the USA, really think about the things you're blessed with. But don't blog about the general stuff. Don't make a quick list of what you're thankful for. Don't do a half-hearted attempt at the generic "I'm Thankful for" blog. Instead, meditate on the above quote, and then write.

Of course I am grateful for my family, both near and far. I am grateful for my family of friends. Although they may not be biological they are as close to my heart as those whose DNA I may share. For without others to share in the ups and downs of life, well, it would be a rather lonely and isolating life.

For Christina Rossetti is quoted as saying Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world with grateful hearts: and no one to Thank.

So, on this Thanksgiving Eve, I of course am most grateful that I am a child of God. That I have been blessed with treasures too numerous to list. And for that I say Thank You Heavenly Father...

1 comment:

tz said...

you are such a good writer, beautiful thoughts! thanks for sharing.