Sunday, May 20, 2007

Challenged to Love and Hate?

This week's challenge asks us to use our senses to love and hate. I made the mistake of reading someone else's responses before I did this which means I'm still thinking about her list and not mine. But, I'll give it a shot.

LOVE
  • ....The sight of a thunderstorm rolling in from the west (assuming I'm tucked in safely in my own home).
  • ....The smell of Yankee Candle's Coming Home scent burning in the kitchen
  • ....The taste of perfectly made creme brule (it was initially my hubby's favorite dessert, now I share it as my favorite too)
  • .....The sound of my husband's laugh
  • .....The feel of grass on my bare feet
HATE
  • ....The sight of someone hurting a child, through words, actions or even just plain neglect
  • ....The smell of burnt microwaved popcorn (come on, if you can't pop it and watch it, then don't pop it. Spare us all the misery, ok?)
  • ....The taste of sadly many things (I'm told I am a picky eater) but if I had to pick one thing it would be coconut
  • .....The sound of my boys fighting with each other (which I hear a bit too often sometimes)
  • .....The feel of itchy, scratchy wool (and to think my dear grandmother made some beautiful woolen items but they would just itch like crazy)

1 comment:

tz said...

oooh i love the way thunderstorms look too, that gray is just the perfect color and the air is the perfect temp and the wind is fantastic! my favorite weather (as long as there arent' any twisters along w/ the storm!