Saturday, May 05, 2007

The source of it all

I borrowed this coaster making kit from school. Yes, it is only on loan. I'm way to much of a "Martha" to deal with my family room being converted into coaster city indefinitely. Play with it all you want, on Monday it goes back to school.

But it is the reason for

  • Thing Two wanting to know Pony Girl's name. The boys were naming their marbles. First there was Mrs. S &S (the principal and assistant principal), Mrs. G and D (their teachers) and then they starting naming families. Yep, they even had some girl marbles, and thus the need to know the girls names.
  • It is also the reason for Thing One being sent to his room. He misplaced one of his marbles and wanted to steal (under the disguise of borrow with no intention of returning) his brother's. He got caught, got angry and got sent to time out.

    All hubby heard was me hollering at Thing One. He made the mistake of asking Thing Two "what made your brother so angry?".

    Oh Dad, he just lost his marbles and wanted mine!
    *yep, classic Thing Two.
    What a thought: we lose our marbles and we could borrow someone else's? First I'd ask Bill Gates for some of his. Then a couple extra Martha marbles wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I'd round it out by asking for some from Oprah. Most people like Oprah, right?

    So, if you could, whose marbles would you want to borrow?

3 comments:

tz said...

Oh I would borrow just about anyone's right now!

Colleen O said...

Dom seems to be having a great time with the toy! Kevin told me last night that the reason we don't have an xbox, or a wii is because he's afraid he would play it all the time.

If I wanted to "borrow" marbles. . . well, I'd have to take my brothers obviously!

Dodi said...

I'd want to borrow Dr. Phil's marbles. He coined the phrase, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

The man is pure Genius!