Saturday, May 05, 2007

What's her name?

Thing Two, shouting across the family room..asks me What's Katie's sister's name?
*?Emily
NO, the other Katie? (he's getting annoyed with his mom)
*she doesn't have a sister, just two brothers, Austin and Matthew
NO, mom, the one in my class.. (we're past annoyed in the tone, now we're at impatient, about to cross over into total disgust)
*Oh, Abbie?
NO, mom, that's Pony Girl...yeah Katie's sister's name is Pony Girl. Thanks Mom. (my status is restored to pretty smart mom after all)

(technically the last Katie is spelled different. And to think, we would have added to this Katie Conspiracy had Thing Two been born with girl parts!)

3 comments:

tz said...

so thing 2 would have been a katie..one of my boys would have been a sophie...
why did he want to know her name?

Colleen O said...

What is the rule on that? Cathryn,Kathleen, and all other variations become Kate? Katie? Caity? Cat - cute, but it sounds like Kat - so that can't be right.

Shall I tell the exciting tale about Pony Girls walk to school that Friday? hmm - Martha seems to be doing a wiz-bang job of it without my input! Keep going M, your cracking me up!

Dodi said...

OMG! Julia's "other" name that was almost chosen was Cate.

Common much?