Thursday, July 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I am very tired, with mountains of laundry pleading for attention. I've got a lawn that is long overdue for some TLC and weeds tall enough to draw attention from the HOA weed police. We have less than 2 weeks before we go back to school/work despite my having plenty of things I wanted to get to while we are all off track. I'm still trying to figure out how we all start out with similar genetics and similar upbringings but end up so dramatically different in the way we live our daily lives. (*yes, a trip to see mostly family leaves you with lots of conversations that don't need to be released to the Internet. So, they are still stuck in my head.)Without a doubt, I've got plenty of things to be cranky about this morning.
But, on the plus side: last night I slept in my own bed, with my Hubby who is neither a bed hog nor cover hoarder like my kids were. My A/C was on and working. My coffee pot brewed the perfect blend and I can sip that coffee all morning long without trying to remember what is the next stop on our Tour of Obligation.


And most important, I've downloaded some pictures from the camera to finally share with ya'll. No doubt about it, while it is fun to travel, it is always good to finally be home!

3 comments:

tz said...

miles makes a pretty darn cute cheese head!
um, what's on their heads in the last pic?

Martha said...

They are sporting the foam mats that you race down the giant slide on. but they go so fast and water is involved it was impossible to get a picture of them on one of their favorite rides.

Aimee said...

It's nice to be home after vacation. I'm actually dreading going in 2 weeks.