Sunday, August 19, 2007

Let's hope it is great...

I remember one time when Thing One was eight and I found myself mumbling "Eight, it really isn't so great". I can't remember what he was doing at the time that had me in heavy sigh mode. But, as today marks the day that Thing Two marches into the eight year, I'm hoping it was just a bad mommy moment and that we aren't about to hit a rough patch. Because quite honestly, I'm so totally loving this stage we're in now.

Thing Two enjoyed his special day. He pretty much knew what his present was going to be and yet I was totally impressed with how patient he has been in terms of waiting for the day to finally arrive. I tried to tease him just a bit by wrapping the box with the DS out of it (it was charging up) and toyed with the idea of telling him that "oh no, they sold me an empty box?" But, Hubby wisely pointed out I'd be pushing my luck on his cooperation if I did that. Instead, we had him do a quick treasure hunt to find out where the thingie was charging up.

All in all, a good day. Yet even with the easier approach to celebrating (meeting friends at the pool, enjoying cake and conversation), I'm tired out. Granted, not as worn out as if we'd had the gathering here at the house or had the sun shone all afternoon. But, tired just the same.
And with that...I'll sign off, go find myself something cold to drink and celebrate that we have made it to the end of the Season of Birthdays (at least until October when Hubby has his turn).

4 comments:

Dodi said...

I'm so sad to have missed it. I had our day planned all perfectly, and things spun out of control from there! (As per the usual!)

I miss you guys! Happy Birthday to darling Thing 2!!

tz said...

yes, also sorry we missed it....I think we may have been flying over spokane at that moment...looks like it was a fun get together...and dodi, by the picture we should have been there to balance out all the blonds...

Colleen O said...

Happy Birthday Miles! So what was in the beloved box that he is so thrilled with?

Kaesmom said...

Happy Birthday Thing 2!