Monday, September 03, 2007

It is almost 11 a.m.

Do you think I should get my rear in gear and get dressed?

We're enjoying a quiet Labor Day weekend. My cold lingers but at least I"m not feeling as run down as I was at the beginning of this icky cold. Now it is just good old fashioned laziness that keeps me in my jammies.

Plus, I just finished reading a book. Saving Grace by yet again, Dorthea Benton Franks. Not her best work. It looks like it is her most recent work and the entire story felt rather sluggish. Maybe she just has run out of fresh ideas? I realize some of my thoughts on this book could be sparked by the mood I brought to the book. I really liked A Thousand Splendid Suns, so it is pretty safe to assume that anything I'd try to read right after would fall short in comparison. And while I wouldn't say this book was bad (I'm to the point these days that if the book is bad, I just quit reading it), it wasn't a very strong book. She created some vivid and realistic supporting characters but the entire story just sort of plodded along. You can easily skip this book and not be missing much.

Well, I better wrap this up before the Things discover me on the computer and insist that they get a turn on Webkinz. But hey, I"m earning cash for them to spend on their critters. Isn't that a good mommy thing to do? That's my story and I"m sticking to it!

4 comments:

Colleen O said...

I'm just sitting here playing Quizzies Corner myself!

Have you seen the new star? shoot. Star something. oh well, there's another one out there now.

Dodi said...

OK, Mrs. Nielson... I also am just getting over this stupid cold. My girls? BREEZED through it. Jim and I? Bedridden and half dead. What is up with that?

Glad you are also back among the living. Missed you at the pool today. Last day. I could have been on I.V. fluids and my kids would have made me go!

Martha said...

Oh I hear you on the cold: I think I apologized to Thing 2 like a dozen times "honey, if you were as sick as I am, why didn't you tell me? You should have stayed home!".

Shhh...mine thought the pool closed on Sunday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

tz said...

bummer about having a cold...that would suck! and colleen it's stardust and goooood!
we gardened....and the back of my legs hurt! and hey if the boys confer with my boys they will know that the pool closed on sunday....