Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Homestretch of track off..

We've rounded the bend on our time off from school. The Things return to school on Tuesday and I go back to my part time job sometime next week (I've not looked at my work schedule close enough to see exactly when). All in all, while we've had a good time, I think it is time to get back to the routine of school. We're getting a bit too lazy and comfy with being out of school.

Yesterday I spent the day catching up on my stockpiled tv shows. E.R., Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters. I watched them all. And yes, my house reflects this extremely non productive day! ?

But, as I had a couple extra kids over, I really needed to be somewhere in the house where I could hear the interactions and make sure everyone was playing fair. The best place to police the area? Right here in the family room. Where the TiVo and the shows are. Imagine that? What a coincidence. Hey, that's my story and I"m sticking to it! :)

Some observations from yesterday's ABC marathon (yeah, ER is on a different network but I"m sort of done with that show, just watch it out of habit more than anything else)

  • What do you think is the secret that the new neighbor is keeping from the others on Wisteria Lane?
  • Come on writers of Brothers and Sisters, there are other options for pain management than narcotics. Send Justin over to the hunky acupuncture dude at Private Practice. Or better yet, try another nerve block. But, I forgive you, you've brought back adorable and oh so gay Scotty.
  • Private Practice: my compliments to the casting crew...you serve up a delightful dish of eye candy for my viewing pleasure.
  • Grey's Anatomy: please bring back that weird and wacky. I'm so tired of dippy Merideth and self centered Izzy. McDreamy? I'm about to call you "McStupid" for just putting up with all this for so long. For a brain doc, you sure are lacking in self confidence to realize there are plenty of women out there way better than Mer. These days, Alex is sounding like the voice of reason!

Well...now that I've outed myself and admitted to having serious TV issues, I"d better go do something productive with the day. Like feed my kids some lunch...

3 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

I know what you mean about really settling into to Non- school life...

Mine have been back for 2 weeks. We have another 7 to go and then they are on school break for another 2 months....

Oh those were the days...

Good luck back at work, dont they always say the first day is always the worst !!

tz said...

desperate housewives....i think she killed him! and the daughter saw....and she blocked it and the mother is trying to keep it blocked.

and thanks so much for having elder son over...(one of the two extra you had) he really enjoyed himself and boy was he tired, he fell asleep at 7....you can have him over anytime! hahaha

and enjoyed coffee...feel so out of the loop now that i can't do morning coffee (and water and butter braids..aimee) so it was nice to have a chat w/ a fellow sister wife! catch up on a little gossip....

oh and GEORGE what are you thinking...hot passionate latina who ADORED you or selfish, can't make up her mind, in love w/ people left and right and impossible to please IZZY...I bet he has a serious revelation on how stupid he was later this season and I hope she doesn't take him back!

Martha said...

Hmmm...and now we all know why TZ hasn't updated her blog as she's pretty up to date on all the happenings at Seattle Grace and over there on Wisteria Lane!!!
Giggle giggle..
Glad that little JZ had fun with the Things...it's been awhile and at this age, you never know if they are going to all get along.
Hmmm...and maybe that will be my next event, an after school coffee that maybe you can join us (I'd bring your kids home from school that day)