Monday, November 05, 2007

Singing in the shower...

No, not me. Who has time for such a lengthy shower to belt out a tune?

Last night, Thing One was in the shower, and I was distracted helping Thing Two. He got to stay in the shower longer than the usual assembly line style of get wet, lather, rinse, get out that both my boys are used to.

So, as I'm walking in to tell him "time's up" I hear him singing the following "lyrics"...
  • Ya shimmy to the left, Ya shimmy to the right. (at which point the ad libbing started) I don't know my left from my right so I'll just keep the shimmy going anyway I can.

It was one of those "Thing One" moments that just make me smile.

He's been doing that a lot lately...which of course makes me smile even more!

2 comments:

tz said...

love catching moments like that!

tosin said...

I love those moments. And good for you for writing it down!