Friday, November 02, 2007

The trouble with quirky...

Thing One has an incredibly high tolerance to pain. This is not to say he isn't perfectly capable of whining and over-exaggerating with the best of them. But, when a real injury occurs, I've often wondered/worried whether he'd know it or not.

He tripped/tackled on the playground yesterday and immediately announced that he had a broken foot. Yeah right...

Only, now almost 24 hrs later, I"m concerned he might be right. I just checked in on him at school and he is really avoiding putting weight on the foot, hobbling about.

Me, ms. I hate to take them to the doctor, has called and he'll be seen in an hour...
Fingers crossed he's learning how to over-react and that it isn't broken...
Because if it is, well, pass that bad mommy award over to my side of the room.
I'll update once I know for sure...

No comments: