Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Slow news week...

A week?  Really has it been a week since I updated the blog?

I know yesterday was the 12th and I coulda-shoulda done 12 on the 12th butI  just wasn't that interested in doing so.  

Spring Fever seems to be raging in full force here at Casa de Chang.
But, I guess that's better than Swine Flu, right?

Colleen was sweet enough to post a widget that has our count-down until summer vacation starts.  It's rather depressing so I won't share it here...but suffice to say I'm already done with supervising the homework, encouraging a reasonable bed time and making sure personal hygiene gets taken care of (sorry if you happen to be seated next to my stinky boys in class....showers are apparently not the "in" thing for the 9-11yr old crowd).

We all enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day...the Things gave me the best gift possible:  cooperation and reasonably cheerful attitude.  Sadly, Monday was back to "business as usual" and Thing One is again on video game restriction.  

The more things change...the more they stay the same I suppose.....

1 comment:

Colleen O said...

From this point forward, I will always think of your boys when ever I hear "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

What's up with the objection to showers and baths? Once I manage to force them into the bathroom, they want to stay until the hot water runs out - and yet the next time it's the same drill.