Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving 20

I have this friend....hopefully you have one just like her...

She's the quiet one (or at least plays that role perfectly? Her family might tell us otherwise).

Rarely does she take center stage in a group conversation (we put her in the center stage, especially after she's been home to NY to visit her parents and their neighbor, Thom Filicia.)

She listens. No, I mean, she really listens. No matter what we're whining about, she's patiently listening. And then ever so softly, she will offer up a perspective that no one else has really thought about. This quiet wisdom has saved the day on problems from getting Things to take better care of their teeth to saving face with a parent-teacher conflict.

Everyone needs a Jacqui in their life and I'm so thankful to call her my friend!

3 comments:

Colleen O said...

Damn you're good Mrs M! Not so much as a LATE thankful post? And the more I get to know Jacqui, the more I appreciate her. I'm trying to think up a good Biff quote about better to listening. . . Good listeners make great friends.

Jacqui said...

wow! thanks! i'm honored and humbled.
i feel the same way about you! i'm lucky to have gotten to know you and to be able to call you my friend.

Dodi said...

She is the quiet, wise one! I'm glad I met her through you - she's cool.