Saturday, July 17, 2010

All in a week

So, last week we started out with this:Lining up for our Bike Parade


Pie Eating Contest

Can you guess who the winner was?
Despite the fun of the Fourth, the younger Thing was a tad jealous of his brother's new
Birthday Lego set.
When I suggested we sort the giant tub of mismatched parts

Well, you can see we were able to turn that frown upside down...

Celebrating both America's Birthday and the Thing becoming a teen
was not to mark the end of the week of fun

We attempted to infuse some education into the week...

But countless other families apparently had the same idea so we headed off for a picnic

Which included rock climbing

And some unplanned water fun...

Still not ready to call it a wrap, I loaded up just my Things and we headed for...

Hubby and the Russian Bride joined us as well...

The teen Thing fussed but at one point in the car ride up Trail Ridge road,
I heard him talking to the trees:
"Down in front, you trees! You are blocking my view!
See, I knew I just needed to get him unplugged for a wee bit...
I even made us all get out of our vehicles and we hiked to Alberta Falls.
Hold the applause, I suggested we take the short cut back that included a shuttle ride to the trail head.
I decided enough...Super Mom was hanging up her cape...
With one last parting shot for the blog.

*Keep this foolishness up, and I'll need to go back to work to REST!*

























































































































































































2 comments:

ganelle said...

Great fun! Sorting legos is the kind of thing that I would have loved as a kid - the same thing that had my CDs alphabetized for years...

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Your things have one fantastic mommy! Here's to school almost starting! :)