Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today we celebrated...

Thing One stomped into my office at work, grinning from ear-to-ear, singing "I am the champion".

Seems he took first place in his class Geography Bee and will be advancing to the next round, all of 7th grade.

Ok, I admit, I did ask if this was his reg. class or his special ed classmates. (bad mommy, I know) and I am proud to report that it was his reg. class that he competed against.

So, we celebrated with dinner and a trip to the bookstore...where his interest in academics proved short lasted as he picked out a Pokemon book.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations to the Champ! Maybe he has been paying attention in all the traveling you guys have done through the years! I know kids who don't know where Ohio is because they've never left Michigan (lol).

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Thing 1!! Celebrate indeed! I dare you to understand the Pokeman lingo!