Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Opening Day



If you are a motorcycle enthusiast, one of the must-ride rides is the Going to Sun Road. It is the only road that takes you directly across the park. And, it is only open "seasonally". Late snowstorms and record accumulation, had resulted in multiple delays with the opening of this road.


You can imagine our delight when we learned that TODAY, the road would open for the 2011 season.

this poor little baby goat seemed a little confused "Hey, Ma, these things weren't here yesterday...what are they doing in MY way?".

The historic red buses were filled to capacity.


So, yes, while the travel was slowed down with fellow tourists, motorcycles and construction crews, I must say it was pretty cool to be part of the "Opening Day" frenzy!

*Tonight's disclaimer: while I am not sitting outside on the steps of the property owners, I am sitting in a pie shop using their free wi-fi. Free but not very fast. In the interest of time, I went with small size photos. Sorry for the small pictures.























3 comments:

Laura said...

What, no requiste pictures of the pie for us foodies? Oh well, I could gaze all day at your picture of the lake with the majestic moutain behind hit. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip.

tz said...

gorgeeeeous!

agent713 said...

Small pictures work. You can still see how beautiful it is there. I wanted to drive the Going to the Sun Road last June but I was way too early in the season so I skirted the edge of the park. Someday I'd love to go back and do it right. On a motorbike sounds just about perfect!