Sunday, December 18, 2011

IKEA, the rest of the story...


It all started rather innocent...The Things were asking about new chairs for their video den.  I suggested we check out what they had at IKEA.
But first, we decided to grab a snack...

And, while I wasn't looking, I fear they over-indulged on Mountain Dew and Lingonberry  Soda.  For we hadn't gotten very far when younger Thing announced he needed to use the restroom.

As he ran towards the nearest (and maybe only) bathroom, he started to giggle "Man, those Swedes must have BIG bladders...I can't believe a store this big has only ONE bathroom?



Giddy Up, Crazy Child!
             And from there...we all got a case of the giggles.  I watched in wonder      and in delight as they entertained me with their silly and humorous ways.

Even I couldn't resist joining in the mayhem
Bucket Boys...








They were rather amused to find a doll that looked "just like us"....but of course, it couldn't stop there...they went on about "you didn't put us in pink striped onesies" did you?
Through the laughter of it all...I was reminded what the Christmas season should be about...spending time with those we love, those who make us laugh and those who are able to distract us, if just for a few hours from the worries of the day.  Thanks Boys!  You made my day!  

And sadly, we left IKEA empty handed...as the chairs were deemed "not right, Ma"...

1 comment:

tz said...

OMG I hope you bought them those dolls! And you should so photo shop them in pink striped onsies!