Saturday, November 02, 2013

Thankful for Day 2

This morning, the boys and I drove across town to visit our good friend, Terri
 *she's the one in the purple...

Each year, her church hosts a huge Holiday Food Drive...
 Collections are then turned over to a local elementary school...
where many families rely on the school-run Food Bank to meet the shortfalls in their own family food budget...

Yesterday, I filled up my basket  at Super Target with a wide range of  seasonal favorites, and donated these items to the Mile Hi's church Fall Harvest food drive.

And now, I look at my own pantry...perhaps a bit messy with more junk food than I should be openly admitting to...but I am thankful that we have the means to feed our family on a regular basis, and that we had enough extra to help support another family enjoy the upcoming Holiday.

Thankful for....my pantry...even with two hungry teenagers, it is almost always filled with choices~

No comments: