Friday, November 08, 2013

Thankful for Day 8

Thankful that the presence of the bomb squad unit at work today was not a worrisome event.

Seems they were just visiting.  Ok, more like guest presenters in one of our "you and the law" classes.

I try not to think too much about the school violence situation that continues to plague our nation.   But even I will admit, my heart skipped a beat when my own son, Thing One, stopped by my office to inquire why is there a bomb squad vehicle parked out front?

And well,  my double gratitude is I had the resources to learn what was the situation, vs. a couple parents that received similar texts from their kids.   I cannot even begin to express the gratitude I feel knowing that I have access to the inside scoop on so many things my son may encounter at school.  
It really does give me that added peace of mind, that I consider a "priceless" perk to my job.



No comments: