Sunday, May 04, 2014

My favorite Things

The past few weeks have just gone by in a blur.   But it's been a happy blur as the time has been spent doing some of my favorite things.

For starters, Hubby and I enjoyed a recent his-and-hers weekend.   I've mentioned this concept before, but you know, he gets to do the things that make him happy, and I head off and do my own thing.  We return rested and refreshed, ready for whatever rolls our way.

 For Hubby, he got to spend the weekend with his friend R. who was visiting from Alaska.   R and his wife took really good care of Hubby during his adventure to Alaska last year so it was nice to return that favor, even if our hosting was small by comparison to the hospitality they provided during mechanical delays last Spring.
So, while Hubby had a weekend of male bonding, I headed off to a local hotel with this gal.    Sure, it is an old picture, but that handsome fella checking out the goodies with his mama is due to graduate high school in a matter of weeks.   So we loaded up our crafting stuff and she worked at warp speed to finish up his school days album in time for the big reveal at Graduation Day.   I just provided the comic relief and encouraging words....as I've got a couple more years before that milestone reaches our doorstep.  

With little time left to bask in the glow of a weekend away, I had a party to get ready for.   One of my favorite traditions is hosting an Easter Lunch.   As you can see, I've been doing it for many years now...

 With Easter falling on 4.20, and our state being the butt of several jokes now at we've legalized marijuana,well...the Lovely Lish girls sure know how to kick it up a notch on the fun factor...
Yes,it your look closely the bunny was indeed lighting up...
No sooner had we put away the dishes from our party, was it time to shift gears for another event.  
  I sent Hubby off to the hills...
I hear they are alive with the sound of Urals this time of year...
While I remained home to get the house company ready for Grandpa's visit (Oh, don't cry for me quite yet, I've got my own girls weekend planned for June).
 A few cocktails were enjoyed
And a couple stories were told...

But the real reason for the visit was to catch the debut of 
Featuring a cast of many talented middle schoolers...
With one very special viola player making his pit orchestra debut!
So while some find rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens to be their favorite things, I have enjoyed this past month filled with friendly faces, supportive family and memorable moments!


2 comments:

tz said...

I thought it was a great rendition of Sound of Music, it was a lot of fun! and Always good to see some of the neighborhood moms!

dojo dobson said...

And the "rest" at the end - was just as important as the notes they played.

That was a pretty intense experience - I bet we come back for more. (And yes, always a hoot to see all the moms and kids from the hood.)