Sunday, November 09, 2014

Gratitude: 7-8-9: Attire, Friendship, Home

This weekend I took a little road trip to attend the state conference for school nurses.
It was fun to get away from the routine of my daily life 
and being able to spend it learning a thing along the way, just made things all that better.

Completing a challenge on the road proved a little more challenging but here it goes...

Day 7:  Attire
Day 8:  Friendship
*I enjoyed a lovely dinner Saturday night with my forever friend, V.  She happens to live just down the road from where my conference was being held.

 We met in college and had a shared experience of losing our moms to cancer soon after we each graduated.   That alone had the makings to cement our friendship.   Along the way we've waxed and waned in how often we spend time together (jobs and family responsibilities sometimes result in friends drifting apart just given the time constraints of our every day life).  Despite how long it has been since I've seen her,  I know that V. and her unconditional love and support are always just a phone call away.     
Day 9:   Home*
"What I love most about my home is who I share it with"  (author unknown)

After a few days away, it was indeed so sweet to return to the old homestead
*archived photo from Hubby's big adventure to Alaska in 2013

No comments: