Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Well, so much for that resolution to try to blog with greater frequency.   1/4 of the way through 2015, and this is the first real thing I've blogged?   

It started with me tossing the Things to the curb...
Yep, after years of threatening to do so, wondering how I could get away with it, I pushed the boys out of the car, waved good bye and wished them luck.

Ok, so it wasn't quite like that.   But, they did fly on their own to California, to visit with the Chang side of the family...
First with their grandparents...*
And then with their cousins..*

They met up with Hubby and got to spend some time
with their uncle and aunties...


And even snuck in a college tour...*

Although let's be honest....Stanford would be a reach school for our kids..
but hey, when your aunt and uncle live in Palo Alto, it's the perfect place to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Meanwhile, while the kids are away, the momma will play...
 In Sun City...
(where yes, I feel thin and young enough to pose poolside...)
I met up with my people...
 For an evening sunset cruise in Scottsdale...



 I found some familiar faces (HI DAD!)
and discovered some had found new loves...
my uncle and his friend Gloria...
My cousin and her fiance, Chris

Trip Advisor helped me find my way around...

 First Stop was the MIM
*Musical Instrument Museum...
Trip Advisor rates it as the number #1 attraction...
I'm sure it is because of this wonderful docent that volunteers a couple hours each month...


 Ok, I'm sure these amazing exhibits also have a role in why it is so highly rated.
For any musician, or musician-wanna-be, it really needs to be on your bucket list!
Since #1 was such a hit, we checked out what Trip Advisor rated as the #2 attraction...
The Desert Botanical Gardens...
 Where, the cacti were alive with colorful Spring blossoms...
 And another well informed personal tour guide...




But alas, it is time to say farewell to the cacti, and head back home...
But lucky for us...the week is just getting started...and who knows what other fun we will find 
during Spring Break 2015!

****  California Photos courtesy of the wonderfully talented photographer that I am blessed to call my husband..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy trails and a wonderful week of spring break to the whole Chang Gang!
Lynn and all

redlegsrides said...

quite the fun time you had!